[mythtv-users] "Ultimate" MythTV remote setup?

Tim Gray tim at p-a-a-i.com
Thu Aug 9 16:51:55 UTC 2007

I have one that works perfectly and has not only Wife acceptance factor, but
teenage daughter acceptance and  Mother/Motherinlaw acceptance.

Enough acceptance to get relatives to want me to get them and program them
one.

Disadvantage:  It's expensive.

I use a URC MX-900 remote with their RF basestation.  It allows incredibly
simple setup and operation that even a person that knows nothing about the
whole AV setup can run it.

The only way to get it working better would be to go to Crestron, and that
would cost more than your entire AV setup and possibly your car as well.

I have tried all the others, harmony, pronto, etc..  They do not have wife
acceptance factors that even approach URC pro lne of remotes.

My setup cost $500.00 and all equipment is hidden which adds Wife acceptance
factors quite a bit.