[mythtv-users] Supporting schedulesdirect.org (Tom Greer)

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 9 16:33:35 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 11:45:41PM -0700, Billy Macdonald wrote:
> I have learned to really enjoy using GMail for my mailing list needs.
>
> It works very well at organizing the threads (though it could be a
> little better), it hides comments you've already read automatically as
> you're reading messages, and generally makes life easier.   I'm not a
> huge fanboy of Gmail in general.  For example, all their web2.0 crap
> breaks me being able to middle click threads to open in a new tab.
> But for mailing lists I think it's the best webmail client, much
> better than when I subscribed with my Yahoo accounts.    I sincerely
> suggest you try following the list with a dummy gmail account as a
> trial.

It's ok for tech lists, though it tends to default to HTML when it
shouldn't, and has one other real annoyance I can't think of at the
moment...  Oh yeah: it forces you in as an extra Reply-To when it
shouldn't.

but it's bad for, frex, TV fan lists -- as it compresses the spoiler
space "out of your way".  <sigh>

Cheers,
-- jra