[mythtv-users] Schedules Direct: Some Actual Data

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 8 22:17:08 UTC 2007

I've unthreaded this, because Robert was allowed to say something
informative, and I didn't want people killfiling the thread to miss it.

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 10:41:18AM -0500, Robert Eden wrote:
> Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:41:18 -0500
> From: Robert Eden <rmeden at yahoo.com>
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Supporting schedulesdirect.org
>
> On 8/8/2007 10:20 AM, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
> >    NO. DD does have some data quality issues. They are relatively
> > minor but they do manifest themselves from time to time.
>
> The DataDirect feed Schedules Direct will be using is internally
> separate from the Zap2IT LABS feed we were using. (Terms are
> important... I've learned DD != Z2L ).  Update policies are different, etc.
>
> I hope (but honestly don't know for sure yet) that the data quality will
> be better than with Z2L.  We do have contractual methods for updates
> that we didn't have with Z2L.
>
> In addition, the Schedules Direct team has some medium and long-term
> plans (with contractual allowances)  to augment and improve the Data
> Direct feed.  We first need to focus on 9/1.
>
> If this sounds complicated (especially with terms like "augment" and
> "contractual allowance"), you can start to see the complexities we've
> been working with.  Sorry we've been been so quiet, but before the
> contract was signed things were very fluid... now things are starting to
> gel and we can talk about it... some.  We still have quite a bit of work
> to do.
>
> Robert
> XMLTV
> Schedules Direct

Thanks, Robert.  We look forward to more info in the days and weeks to
come.  And don't take personally how we respond to that data; we don't
*really* think you're all minions of Satan.  :-)

Cheers,
- jra