[mythtv-users] Mac Mini DVI problem

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 8 22:04:06 UTC 2007

sebastianbuks at yahoo
on Aug 8, 2007, 2:17 PM

> I want to make a switch. So has anyone a solution
> for this? Maybe splitting the DVI signal or just a
> simple switch to change where the signal is going?

I've used a 3x1 Octava switch with my mini, HTPC, and
DVD player for two or three years.  Prices seem to be
dropping on such products.

or try an online search for many others.

I think you'll run into signal integrity problems if
you attempt to split the DVI-D signals.  Assuming that
the mini outputs both the DVI-D and analog DVI-A
signals simultaneously, you may be able to break out
the analog signals, if one of your displays supports
an analog VGA input.