[mythtv-users] Myth on AppleTV

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 20:52:11 UTC 2007

So would you be willing to help me where I am getting stuck?

I used a usb patchstick to get ssh installed.

then followed your instruction beginning at the test ssh access heading.
mount drive ad read/write - worked ok
I copied nano and su instead of vi and su
After I disable watchdog it started to reboot every few minutes
fix  timezone - worked ok
copy mythfrontend - worked ok
extract mythfrontend - worked ok

why do I have to add sudo infornt of everyline I copied and you don't have
that in your howto. Did I miss someting?

from previous attempts I skipped running mythfronend here an went straight
to copying fonts.
restarted appletv

I had to run repair and then restart again
edit ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt with the correct ip address of my mythtv box for
the hostname
run mythfrontend - it seems to start but end with a bus error

it is still rebooting every couple of minutes and every other time I have to
restart with the  - & menu buttons on the remote and then run repair and
restart again.

I haven't got past this.