Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 19:54:50 UTC 2007

Sarcastic reply to a sarcastic comment... seems it went over some heads?

There are people that have done this for years.  No need to wait.  You
can switch to a TiVo, ReplayTV, Windows MediaCenter, or any number of
solutions that have been developed for years already.

What's the best, easiest, simplest, most cost effective solution for
you may be different than me, or the next guy.  MythTV with
schedulesdirect.org isn't the only game in town...  And I'm not the
first one that asked about other data sources, and even other
platforms.

The title topic is about schedulesdirect.org, so MOST of the comments
are about schedulesdirect.org, no big surprise.

The announcement just recently (not months ago) is that
schedulesdirect.org will be a pay-to-play service.  Nothing wrong with
that.  It puts them in a category with many other businesses that have
been doing it a long time already.

Hard to think people won't compare it, talk about it, ask questions.
It's sort of human nature to shop around a little, and people settle
on something in very different time frames.  But I guess denial is
possible.