Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:16:55 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:

> Zap2it Labs went away because TMS decided that it was too much effort to
> police it for fraud.  Just about everyone we've worked with at TMS and
> Labs said that they felt bad about the free service going away.

What fraud?  Was the data used for something other than MythTV PVR's
like originally intended?  Was someone trying to re-sell the data?

This is the first I heard of "fraud" talking about listing data.  I
heard "abuse" before, and assumed that meant people were pulling data
hourly on a cron job or something, taxing the server to hard...   But
what was the fraud?  And how is the schedulesdirect.org project going
to stop this fraud issue?