[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Wed Aug 8 13:28:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 08:04:16 -0500
"Dewey Smolka" <dsmolka at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I just want to thank you and everyone else involved for all your hard
> work and effort in this. It is great news, and all of you deserve a
> warm and sincere round of gratitude and congratulations. All of you
> deserve even more several rounds of cold beers.
>
> There will always be people who pick nits and complain about even the
> best solutions or most sensible compromises. So be it. But I think the
> vast majority of US Myth users are with me on this, and behind you
> guys who have contributed so much.
>
> The minute you tell us where to send the checks, mine will be on the
> way.

Send them to PayPal.. cause at this point the website says thats the only way to pay.

If you knew what I know about Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers, the people involved in the process and the serious lack of security, you would think twice about allowing anyone to make ACH transfers from your accounts.  And that's how PayPal (and as far as I know everybody) tranfers funds to/from your account.

I'm sure they've improved security since I was involved in it (1998ish), but I'm also entirely sure they haven't improved the people that are involved in the process.  Therein lies the most serious risk.