[mythtv-users] Which distro for new system?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:20:51 UTC 2007

On 08/08/07, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:

> having luck (or problems) with FC7?  I tried the latest FC6, Ubuntu 7
> and Suse 10.2 but each time ended up returning to FC5 as it gave me the
> least number of things that don't work.  Now that they've stopped

If you specify those things that didn't/don't work for you, perhaps
other users might be able to say whether they i) do work on newer
kernels/distros, or ii) should work anyway.

My backends are still on FC4, as they're stable, and there's never
been a need to upgrade them. I'm still planning to move them over to
CentOS 5 before the summer is out, but with renovation plans on the
horizon, they might have to wait and just carry on recording (esp with
the Hauppage Nova-T 500 card-switch fiasco).

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/