[mythtv-users] Which distro for new system?

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Wed Aug 8 06:51:55 UTC 2007

I'm about to put together a new Myth system and am looking for advice on
which distro to put on it.  I'm currently running FC5 and it has some
issues that I assume are being addressed in newer releases.  Anyone
having luck (or problems) with FC7?  I tried the latest FC6, Ubuntu 7
and Suse 10.2 but each time ended up returning to FC5 as it gave me the
least number of things that don't work.  Now that they've stopped
supporting FC5, it's time to move on.  I'll be running a single FE/BE
system, dual display, multi-seat, Athlon dual core, Nvidia chipset and
onboard Nvidia video as well as Nvidia plug-in PCI-express for the 2nd
display.  Suggestions, advice, favorite distro, etc, appreciated.

DaveD.