Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Aug 7 23:42:00 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 17:34, Robert Current wrote:

> I considered this too...  Well, there is another way to look at this
> too.... Hauppauge and Nvidia among many other hardware providers are
> somehow partnered with TitanTV.  And when buying the hardware
> products, they advertise use of the listing data.  I have an account
> there that was registered with hardware....  and that hardware is now
> in my MythTV system.

This is getting way OT, so I'll end it here, but I believe you will find that
the licenses for the listing data have nothing to do with the hardware but
rather the software that comes with it.

For example, when you purchase a retail DVD drive it usually comes with
software to decode MPEG2, thus using the drive for MPEG2 under Linux might be
a technical violation, as it is the software that is licensed, not the
hardware.

--
BEWW