Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 7 22:24:58 UTC 2007

On 08/07/2007 06:06 PM, Fred Squires wrote:
>> And, it's been a while since I ran my TiVo, but I believe they do
>> allow file sharing from unit-to-unit... so 2 of them would give me 4
>> tuners, double headed system, for $12/month... I am afraid to guess
>> what a MythTV equivalent might cost!!!
>>
> You can't share videos between DirectTivos only stand alone tivos.  If
> I remember correctly it can only copy between them, not streem, so you
> have to wait for it to copy the video between the boxes.

Does the scheduler in the TiVo even take into account multiple
"backends"?  I'd be pretty surprised if it did.  If I'm right, with 2
TiVo's with 4 tuners, you become the scheduler yourself (having to put
the right rules on each of the 2 TiVo boxes to ensure all your
concurrent recordings are recorded).

Mike