[mythtv-users] Good deal for someone on a video card, or a B/E ???

David Campbell dave at cpfc.org
Mon Apr 30 15:34:35 UTC 2007

Brian Wood wrote:
> David Campbell wrote:
>> Brian Wood wrote:
>>> It's amazing what you can get these days used/surplus. I picked up a
>>> couple of Sun Ultra-10s for $50 each, they work just fine and Solaris 10
>>> is free.
>> Horrid, horrid machines
>>
>> Horrid, horrid OS
>
> Depends on what you want them to do.

As long as the answer is /not very much/ then ultra 10's are fine
however personally I'd rather run a quieter, less power hungry, smaller
P3 desktop from ebay.

As for Solaris 10 - any OS that *still* can't resolve package
dependencies in 2007 should only be used by sadists or people forced to
to earn a crust.

Dave