[mythtv-users] Firewire channel change script with SA4250HD

Benton Roberts benton at panix.com
Mon Apr 30 15:07:25 UTC 2007

Hello, Ilya.

islavin wrote:
> I modified the source code to add the new vendor
> and model IDs and re-compiled, but the script
> fails to change the channel.
Good work. In addition to adding the constant value at the top of the .c
file, did you make sure to add it in the code that checks for these
constants, further down? (No offense, I don't know your C skill level).

Here's what I'd do in your place: if you've gone this far, why not add
some debug "printf" statements to sa3250ch.c, right before the line that
actually sends the command down the firewire bus? That way, you can
determine whether the device recognition code you've added just isn't
working yet, or if in fact the SA4200 doesn't respond to the same
control signals.

I spent some time modifying the same source code last week, in order to
allow the user of the program to select a specific port and node. If
your SA4200HD is not on firewire port zero, the sa3250ch program in CVS
right now will not find it (it only uses firewire port zero). Feel free
to add your hardware ID to my modified version of sa3250ch.c if that's
the issue you're having.

A complete explanation of the port and node selection issue is here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/266768#266768

--
-benton
benton at panix.com