[mythtv-users] Setting a jump point with lircrc (was: Simulate turning on and off within MythTV)

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Mon Apr 30 09:11:45 UTC 2007

MythTV Users,

In order to create maximum WAF, I'm trying to set up the main "Power"
button on my Hauppauge remote to do the following actions:

If the monitor is off, Turn on the monitor.

If the system is already on, jump to the top menu of mythfrontend, then
turn off the monitor.

The turning on and off of the monitor part has been solved, thanks to
help from this list.

However, I'm struggling with the part where the button jumps to the main
menu before switching off the monitor.

The only reference I can find to setting jump points in the MythTV Wiki
is here in a section on controlling via telnet:

But I've tried the following command in my lircrc file to no effect:

begin
prog = mythtv
button = Power
repeat = 2
config = jump mainmenu
end

I'm sure the syntax is wrong, but I'm not sure what to do in its place.

Can someone help me get this straightened out?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn