[mythtv-users] Simulate turning on and off within MythTV

Dave M G martin at autotelic.com
Sat Apr 28 14:18:49 UTC 2007

David, Robin,

Thank you for responding.

Robin Gilks wrote:
> Did you know that you can have a button on the remote actioned by both
> irexec and mythtv?
> ...mythtv to do a JumpToMainMenu
> jump-point.
I was aware that one could have a remote do more than on action in
theory, but not how exactly to do it. And I'm completely unfamiliar with
action jump points.

I just tried looking them up on Google, and I'm still not entirely clear
on how they are actually implemented.

In my lircrc file, would I say something like:

begin
button = Power
prog = irexec
repeat = 2
config = mythfrontend JumpToMainMenu && monitoroff.sh
end

Or would I need to have the JumpToMainMenu command included in my shell
script?

I'm afraid I'm really clueless here, so I'm not even sure how to start
on this.

--
Dave M G
Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn