[mythtv-users] SA3250HD Firewire -- A New User's Findings

Dale d-larson at wi.rr.com
Sun Apr 29 14:30:05 UTC 2007

Hi Benton,

>> Are you able to access premium channels with
>> MythTv and firewire?
>
>I can't answer this definitively, because I don't pay for the premium
>channels. However, I think it's likely that those who do pay for them
>can indeed read them over firewire, and here's why:
>:
>:
>On the other hand, as reported previously in this thread, I am for some
>reason unable to record the series "Planet Earth" on Discovery HD, even
>:
>turned on or off on a program-by-program basis? Can anyone here verify
>or debunk that?

I'm currently using an AirStar-HD5000AV to handle digital. When I scanned
my Time Warner cable (Milwaukee) I didn't get a hit on Discovery channel.
If you happen to find a time they are reproducibly unencrypted please let
us know. I can then run a scan to find its frequency and service ID. It
would be real nice to record this series.

>I will try to post a (hopefully) comprehensive list of which basic cable
>channels come in clear over Time-Warner Cable of Manhattan's
>firewire-enabled 3250s some time in the next week.

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing that post!

Dale