[mythtv-users] mythdora: udev hang following tv card hardware change

Conal Mullan ffxxrr at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:42:25 UTC 2007

hi.

i have a MythDora box with a PVR-150 Card & Hauppauge bttv card...

i bought a new PVR-150 card and exchanged it for the bttv card.... i was
hoping that my os would be able to deal with hardware change and i had left
the bttv card unconfigured under MythTV.

but, after carrying out the hardware swap (into the same PCI slot), i
observe udev hanging (@ 'starting udev' - it appears to be a complete lock
up)

i have enabled udev logging as i am still able to get to a recovery command
line, (a grub option with a different linux kernel than the one used on my
main MythDora system)

it seems to hang at this line: "udevd[459]udev_event_run: seq 680 forked,
pid [1415], 'add' 'i2c-adapter' 0 secs "

now my assumption are that udev is still trying to 'create' the bttv device.

i have removed the bttv alias from modprobe.conf

is it possible to reconfigure udev without reinstalling?

i have exhausted my usual channels of inquiry looking for a fix, and so i am
asking here, before i take the drastic & laborious action of a system
reinstall, so any suggestions?

thanks,
--
Conal [ ffxxrr at googlemail.com ]