[mythtv-users] Mac Mini Core Solo as FE/BE Combo?

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 21:13:04 UTC 2007

On 4/20/07, Stephen Williams <stephen.gw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/23/07, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> It's worth noting that the apple ir receiver gets automatically
> detected as a HID device. I've used a (very) short program (not handy
> at the moment but drop me an email if anybody wants the source) that
> reads the raw data from the /dev/hiddev0 device when ir keypresses are
> received. I think this could be turned into a lirc driver (the dvico
> lirc driver uses the same method) without too much hassle.

Just in case anybody is interested in this, i've supplied a patch to
the LIRC team adding support for the Mac mini IR receiver
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1709394&group_id=5444&atid=305444).

This patch just uses the receiver as a HID device (via hiddev) so
doesn't require any device specific kernel modules (i.e. you don't
need appleir). As such this should work with a stock kernel.

Stephen