[mythtv-users] some general ratpoison questions

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sat Apr 28 18:55:55 UTC 2007

I am considering using ratpoison as the window manager on my frontend
systems.  I've read a number of posts, and the wiki entry, and I think
it really is a good way to go.

I do have a quick question, though:  Can it be configured such that if
mythtv were to crash, the window manager would exit, go back to the
login screen, auto-login, and start up mythtv again?

I'm running FC6 on my frontend systems with it automatically logging in
the mythtv user, but, as you can guess, there are times when mythtv
exits (usually due to a error on my part) and I have to go to a
computer, VNC in, and start it up.

I see http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frontend_Auto_Login covers
*some* of this, but I am not sure if it meshes well with FC6...

-Rich