[mythtv-users] some general ratpoison questions

David Fishburn fishburn at ianywhere.com
Sat Apr 28 19:33:47 UTC 2007

I am doing something similar.
If MythFrontend does crash, I setup the Power button on the remote to
restart the frontend.

This increases the WAF factor while I am not home.

Anyway, I wrote some instructions down for myself:

In my lircrc:

###################
#
#  For Restarting the Frontend
#
#
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Setting_A_Button_On_Your_Remote_To_Rest
art_mythfrontend
###################
begin
    prog = irexec
#    prog = irxevent
    button = Power
    repeat=1
    config=/home/fishburn/bin/runmyth &
end

Runmyth shell script just does:
#!/bin/sh
RUNNING=0;

for x in `ps -C mythfrontend | grep -v PID` end; do
    test $x != 'mythfrontend' && continue
    RUNNING=1;
done

if [ $RUNNING = 1 ]; then
    RUNNING=2;
    # `mythtvosd --bcastaddr="127.0.0.1" \
    #     --template='alert' \
    #     --alert_text="MythFrontend is already running" > /dev/null 2>&1 &`
else
    `mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt -l ~/frontend.txt &`
fi

Hope that helps.
Dave