[mythtv-users] Error on Mythweather

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sat Apr 28 10:37:33 UTC 2007

Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 28/04/07, Adilson Oliveira <adilson at adilson.net> wrote:
>
>> already corrected on the SVN also, I think but my question is if you are
>> going to release any binaries with this fix soon. I have no problems in
>> download and compile the svn myself but, due the work I do, my
>> enviromment is a bit restricted and customised so would be a real PITA
>> to compile everything myself. My solution would have to be install a
>> standard distro over a virtual machine to do this alone so but if you're
>> planning to release binaries soon, I prefer to expect for it.
>
> mythtv.org itself does not release binaries, only source code. You
> will need to check whether MythTV binaries are available from a
> repository for your chosen distribution (such as the atrpms.net
> repository which supplies pre-compiled MythTV for Fedora/RHEL users).
>
> Nick
As an aside to the above, a script to roll up the required libraries and
executables might be handy, once one had done the make/build/install.

I have plans to install e.g. a front end on a reduced mini-itx machine.
I really don't want to have to install headers and a full development
environment on it, then copy the svn across and build there (which would
probably take ages, anyway). I would much rather do that on a bigger
machine with some poke then tar-copy-untar onto the target machine.

Also relevant is a comment in another thread: it would be nice to know
what dependencies there are to the various parts of myth. I know the
answer to that question is "it depends", particularly with regard to
cpu/graphics/display manager selected, but some kind of clue would be
useful. Obviously, on my cut-down front end, I only want to install the
minimum necessary libraries and other files. Note that what I am asking
for is not the same as the "list of prerequisites" given in the
installation guide. Saying "qt3 version whatever" is not helpful in this
context.

I realise I may be asking for a lot: but the information may already be
available out there somewhere. Any comments?

Mike Perkins