[mythtv-users] Mythtv Crashing On Setup Pages

Matt Petteys mpetteys at petteys.us
Sat Apr 28 08:08:40 UTC 2007

Some time ago, my frontend started crashing whenever I would try to access
any of the setup/settings pages.  I finally had a chance to compile for
source with debugging enabled, per the instructions at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html.  I was able to follow the
instructions pretty closely with the exception of when the settings page
halts, i cannot use ctrl-c to exit out of myth so I have to kill the
mythfrontend process.  Therefore, I am unsure if gdb recorded the
appropriate information ..  but I save the output of several attempts at
debugging at the below urls.  I was hoping that someone could take a look
and let me know if they can determine why it is crashing?

This first set of logs is starting mythfrontend, navigating to setup using
my remote, and attempting to open the General settings.

http://www.yellowguppy.com/~mpetteys/mythtv/debug1/<http://www.yellowguppy.com/%7Empetteys/mythtv/debug1/>

This first set of logs is starting mythfrontend, navigating to setup using
my remote, and attempting to open the Appearence settings.

http://www.yellowguppy.com/~mpetteys/mythtv/debug2/<http://www.yellowguppy.com/%7Empetteys/mythtv/debug1/>

The frontend server (and backend server) is debian etch.  Linux
tv1.yellowguppy.com 2.6.18-4-k7 #1 SMP i686 GNU/Linux.  The above errors
were generated by manually compiled source package mythtv-0.20 from the
website.  But I have the below debs installed which cause the same errors.

ii  mythtv-common                      0.20-svn20070223-0.0               A
personal video recorder application (common data)
ii  mythtv-frontend                    0.20-svn20070223-0.0               A
personal video recorder application (client)
ii  lirc                               0.8.0-9.2
Linux Infra-red Remote Control support
ii  lirc-modules-2.6.18                0.8.0-9+2.6.18-10.00.Custom
Linux Infra-red Remote Control support (binary kernel modules)
ii  lirc-modules-2.6.18-4-k7           0.8.0-9.2+2.6.18.dfsg.1-11
Linux Infra-red Remote Control support (binary kernel modules)
ii  lirc-modules-source                0.8.0-9.2
Linux Infra-red Remote Control support (kernel modules)