[mythtv-users] Error on Mythweather

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 13:21:17 UTC 2007

I compiled mythweather revamp without installing any of the headers.  You
already have the libs in your system.  When make complains of missing
include files, just put them in a directory under the mythweather directory
where they are expected to be found and proceed with the make.  All the
header files will be in specific folders in the mythtv source.  Then perhaps
use checkinstall to create the rpm.  I tried to use checkinstall but the rpm
built installed in / (it ignored install root) so I had to manually move
them to the share directory and plugin directory.  There were only two
directories of files (/mythtv and /share which go in /usr/lib/mythtv and
/usr/share in my system which is built with atrpms )so that was easy.
Maybe somebody can comment on why checkinstall did this to me.