[mythtv-users] Kworld ATSC-110 : switching from DVB -> Analog not clean

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 07:18:25 UTC 2007

Nathan wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
> I'm having a problem when I'm switching from the
> digital -> analog
> inputs on my Kworld ATSC-110.
> After switching from dvb -> v4l inputs, the analog
> signal comes in for
> about 2 seconds and then goes black. I then change
> channels to another
> analog station, and the station comes in clear and
> clean. Then I can
> tune back to the original station fine.
>
> It seems like the DVB device is still open until I
> change analog
> channels.
>
> This is annoying for recording purposes.
>
> System I'm running:
> Ubuntu Feisty 7.04 w/ Kworld remote patch
> Kworld ATSC-110
> Myth from Ubuntu package
> Setup v4l as child to dvb device by manually editing
> database table (not
> sure if that is cause).
>
> Thank you,
> Nathan.

I have a similar problem with my Dvico Fusion 3 and 5
cards.  The screen freezes (not black) and I must exit
and re-enter "Watch TV" to properly tune the analog
station.  Then all is well until I switch to digital
and back to analog, which requires the same
workaround.  It's impossible to record an analog show
after a digital show for this reason.  I think the
integrated analog/digital support for these hybrid
cards is relatively new to the driver.  A few bugs
exist.

-Cal