[mythtv-users] FC5 to FC6 upgrade

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 07:04:27 UTC 2007

>I'm currently running a backend under FC5 that has a
>PVR-500 and an HD Homerun for tuners. My basic
>question is about upgrading FC5 to FC6;
>can I do this with an upgrade or is it just as easy
>to do a complete reinstall? I am running SVN compiled
>from source if that makes a difference.

Greg,  I upgraded my system from FC5 to FC6 shortly
after FC6 was released and it went very smoothly.  I
had a couple of minor problems, but can't remember the
details.  I'm running the mythtv-fixes branch now but
I've also run the atrpms packages and the mythtv SVN
branch in the past.  I don't use Firewire much but it
does seem to function with my DCT6200.  Most of the
time, I record with my Fusion3 Q or Fusion5 lite
cards.  Unfortunately Comcursed recently 5c'ed both
PBS HD and NBC HD here in Portland, OR and so my
Fusion cards actually receives two channels more than
my Firewire connections.  All the premiums went 5c
years ago.  I need to return my STB!  Easier to return
it and save a few bucks / month than try to argue with
them.

-Cal