[mythtv-users] autoexpire but the file isn't there?

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:56:17 UTC 2007

On 26/04/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/26/2007 02:30 PM, Rich West wrote:
> > Hrmm.. I just noticed that, over the course of the last two days, I'm
> > seeing a lot of the following error message:
> >
> > "ERROR when trying to autoexpire file:
> > /video/4294967295_20070423233053.mpg. File doesn't exist. Database
> > metadata will not be removed."
> >

> It just means it's not going to remove the recording information from
> your database.  It does this because it's possible that the video file
> may be stored on a not-currently available filesystem.  Therefore, if it
> removed the info from the DB, when that filesystem came back later, it
> would still contain the file since Myth can't delete a non-existent
> file, meaning that you have gigs of space used by a file that you can't
> play through Myth and that you had expected Myth to manage for you.

I've only got lowly analog cable, so maybe I don't see what I think I
see, but the filename looks funny to me....

4294967295 == 0xFFFFFFFF

like an uninitialised variable or somesuch. Could that be why the file
doesn't exist? :)

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-spewtumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent