[mythtv-users] Bind to multiple network cards

Matthew Harrison lists at mwharrison.co.uk
Thu Apr 26 07:29:09 UTC 2007

I have two network cards in my myth backend. 1 connects to all the PC's
in the house, and the other to any devices which perform a network boot
(in this case, just a media MVP). I find that the MVP can see the myth
server and get listings of recordings from it, but fails to stream TV.
I'm wondering if the myth server is only binding to one network card for
streaming. The MVP is setup to stream the video over the myth protocol,
rather than over NFS.

In mythtv-setup, you can set the address of the server and I have chosen
the network card that serves the computers in the house (as they were my
first myth frontends). Is there any way to specify two network
addresses? If not, is there another way I can make this work, or do you
think I have missed something more fundamental?

Matt,