[mythtv-users] mythwelcome - shutdown while mythfrontend running?

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 22:06:06 UTC 2007

I've got mythwecome and running and auto-shutdown/startup working now
using /proc/acpi/alarm

For some reason I thought that perhaps the system would shut down even
with mythfrontend running, but it appears that it was a fluke and
doesn't always happen. Perhaps I had just started mythfrontend and not
actually done anything?

I am pretty sure that normally the system will not shut down when the
frontend is running and connected to the database, correct? Or should
it?

If not, it would be nice if they could detect whether or not the
frontend is actually doing anything before shutting down as it does
take a few seconds to start mythfrontend up while it goes through the
motions of prescaling the backgrounds and iamges, etc and also allow
shutdown if I forget to exit mythfrontend for whatever reason.

Is this a planned enhancement?

-Dave