[mythtv-users] Something strange with watching (and editing) shows

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Apr 25 23:10:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 18:23 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/25/2007 06:02 PM, Ian Forde wrote:
> > I upgraded to SVN on Monday ... Unfortunately, I can no longer seek past a
> > point or edit cutlists in shows.
> > If I try to edit the show from the beginning, (let's say it's a
> > commercial-free movie) I can put a cut before the actual start, then
> > when I try to move forward (in edit mode), the frontend freezes and the
> > mythfrontend process ramps up its CPU usage...
>
> Got a broken DB?  Sounds a /lot/ like the symptoms of having a bad
> seektable.
>
> My recommendation is to run optimize_mythdb.pl and record a new 2-hours+
> recording and test with that.

Just ran it again, just to be sure - recording started...

> If the new recording works, you'll need to fix the seektable on any
> "broken" recording.  If you're capturing with an analog source,
> "mythcommflag --rebuild" (with the appropriate arguments to specify
> which recording to rebuild) should work nicely.  If you're using a
> digital source, you might have to try "mythtranscode --buildindex" (with
> appropriate arguments...).  And, even that might not work.

For the old recording, I ran mythcommflag --rebuild on it - no change...

> The easiest approach, though, is to delete the broken recordings and
> re-record, if possible.

I'm not convinced that the recording is broken... just played it fine in
mplayer.  Which leads me back to the seektable... ;(

Just went into the recording again, went into Edit mode, pressed 'c' to
clear the cutlist, hit escape... nothing happened.  And now mythfrontend
is eating 95% cpu... When I get a chance, I'll rebuild in debug mode and
try to get a backtrace... then it's off to the -dev list for this one, I
think... ;)

Thanks,

	-I