[mythtv-users] Please point me to mythstream instructions

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Apr 25 19:52:59 UTC 2007

On 04/25/2007 03:48 PM, James Warden wrote:
> One thing : mythstream has no X acceleration. When I use it on my epia
> based system, CPU is 100% busy ... which makes mythstream a bit
> useless on this box if I want to e.g. browse the internet at the same
> time.

MythStream uses MPlayer to play back stream (audio and/or video
streams).  So, if you get "acceleration" in MPlayer, you /can/ get it in
MythStream (properly configured).

It works great for me with Xv and all (not that I've used it for much
more than Shuttle Launches, so I know when to step outside my back door
to watch it go up)...

Mike