[mythtv-users] Clarification on various svns

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Apr 25 16:08:03 UTC 2007

* On Wed Apr 25, 2007 at 11:53:28AM -0400, Brian Walter wrote:
> I see three possibilities:
>
> svn-trunk (I interpret this to be least changing of the 3...after fixes
> have settled, and are accepted, they are merged into trunk)

Actually trunk the the development branch and has the most changes
in it.

> svv-20-fixes (The true bleeding edge?)

If something is a true fix and is stable then it gets merged into
the -fixes branch.

> svn-20.1 (Unclear as to what this branch is...).

The 0.20.1 branch is a tag for what Jarod Wilson is going to cut
the 0.20.1 tarballs from.  There also may be some RPMS/etc. generated
from this branch as well.  This was generated as a branch off of the
-fixes branch.  Don't expect many changes to go into this branch
because right now the plan is to keep putting fixes into the -fixes
branch although this may change sometime in the future.  If it does
change and we start using a release-0-20-1-fixes branch then you
could expect to see a few posts about it on the -dev and -commits
list which you subscribe to since you're planning on using svn.

--
Chris