[mythtv-users] Clarification on various svns

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:06:16 UTC 2007

On 25/04/07, Brian Walter <blwalter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to make sure I know which svn I want/need.
>
> I see three possibilities:
>
> svn-trunk (I interpret this to be least changing of the 3...after fixes
> have settled, and are accepted, they are merged into trunk)

Trunk is the bleeding edge. It can be unstable. You have been warned.

> svv-20-fixes (The true bleeding edge?)

0.20-fixes is the offical 0.20 release with important fixes backported
from trunk for stability. Many packages (i.e. atrpms.net for Fedora)
will use this branch for updates to their stable releases of MythTV.
Many 0.20 users who have updated their MythTV software will be using
this branch.

> svn-20.1 (Unclear as to what this branch is...).

This branch is for a future official 0.20.1 point release, containing
those backported 0.20-fixes.

Note that there are also other branches available on the development
repository. These are normally created by a developer(s) when work on
a specific part of the MythTV system (such as firewire or video
playback) is being developed/tested, and commits are to be kept
separate from trunk.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: