[mythtv-users] Update TV table without Internet

maillist.peter at home.se maillist.peter at home.se
Wed Apr 25 05:27:41 UTC 2007

Hello!

>> My BE/FE will not have Internet connection for a couple of weeks.
>> What is the easiest way to grab the updated TV table on another
>> computer (without Myth installed), transfer the updates on a USB
>> memory stick, and import it to the BE/FE using mythfilldatabase?
>
>1) Run the XMLTV grabber with your current configuration on the
>computer with the internet connection and direct its output to an XML
>file containing your TV listings.
>
>e.g. using the uk_rt grabber I run:
>
>perl /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt --config-file
>/usr/local/bin/ntl_digital.xmltv --output /tmp/ntl_digital.xml --quiet
>
>2) Transfer the XML file to your MythBox via USB key
>
>3) Run mythfilldatabase with the --file option specifying which
>sourceid you want to update the listings against and for how many
>days.
>
>Here, I run:
>
>/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 2 -1 /tmp/ntl_digital.xml
>
>where /tmp/ntl_digital.xml is the XML file, 2 is the sourceid I want
>to apply the listings against, and -1 specifies importing all data.

Note that I write this from my memory since I don't have
access to my myth machine.

I checked in the database to see the sourceid of my PVR150.

mysql> select * from capturecard;

sourceid = 1

Then I ran /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 /mnt/usb/tv_grab_se_swedb.xml

It first tried to download png images for the channels. But
after timeout on every image it compleded without inserting
or updating anything.

I tried as root, mythtv and also similar to the line in
/etc/cron.daily/myth-backend. I also tried with verbose
mode and I see a lot of UPDATE and INSERT commands to
MySQL.

Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson