[mythtv-users] Video playback "skips" roughly 1/s

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Apr 24 23:52:49 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 12:34:54PM -0500, Dan Phillips wrote:
> Robert Sauchyn wrote:
> This sounds like the issue with video4linux or saa7127. There doesn't
> seem to be a satisfactory answer for what exactly is causing this issue,
> but sometime earlier this year a bug snuck into ivtv 0.10.1 and/or
> video4linux. The solution is to either downgrade

or upgrade to the latest one!

> to an older version of the video4linux kernel module (which I don't
> see on ATrpms any longer)

It is still there, it just doesn't build for 2.6.20
anymore. E.g. you'll find it for 2.6.18 kernels for RHEL5/CentOS5.

> or forget about video4linux and build the saa7127 module from source
> (you only needed video4linux for the saa7127 module anyway).

This was supposedly fixed in the latest FC kernels. Maybe try a recent
kernel, if that fails try the latest video4linux kmdl, and if that
fails start building the saa7127 module from source.

Let us know what worked.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net