[mythtv-users] Try to change brightness, get -1?

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Tue Apr 24 12:39:23 UTC 2007

Hi everybody,

Afterdoing some work on my frontend, I've had something interesting come up.
When I try to change the playback brightness, the brightness level on the OSD
jumps from 50% to -1, which is obviously an error condition.  Any hints on
how to fix this?

So here is what I changed:

 - Upgrade from Debian Sarge to Etch
 - Go from XFree86 with 87XX nvidia driver to X.org 7.1 with 9631 Nvidia
driver
 - Start using Twinview,
 - Enable OpenGl
 - Enable XVMC, (though disabling it didn't help)
 - Tried to use Chromakey to get color OSD, but that stopped working when I
enabled Twinview.
 - Finally got booting over the network working again (BIOS upgrade)
 - Used PAM settings to enable realtime priority

I have a Gforce 4MX series card, and I'm using the SVideo out port on it
hooked up to a junky old 20" TV

Any ideas?  My gut tells me that its a Twinview problem.  I enabled Twinview
because that was the only way I could get OpenGL working (at least with the
old XFree86 setup).

Mark