[mythtv-users] Starting from scratch ..yet again. Ubunto to Kubuntu for me I think.

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:29:32 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
> I just thought Tom. If you're installing MythTV so quickly on Ubuntu,
> maybe you could either write a quick guide or tell us which guide you
> follow? I've done it 3 or 4 times now and ALWAYS come unstuck when it
> comes to mysql and find I'm fighting an uphill battle to put things
> right. Unless Feisty has changed the way it sets up mysql, I'd be
> interested to hear how you're doing it all so quickly.

Hi Damian,

I am running mythbackend on my Ubuntu Feisty server and the FE on thre
Ubuntu Feisty boxes.  Setup couldn't have been much easier.

Take a squizz at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV for
comprehensive guides provided by the package maintainer and the Ubuntu
mythTV team.

HTH's
Whytey