[mythtv-users] Screensaver, I want it!

Paul Manning paul_manning22 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 23:01:42 UTC 2007

Hi all.  I'm happy with my current myth setup but thought I would go one step further and while my myth box is idle, I configured my linux install  to have a screen saver kick in that throws up some nice scenic images so that in effect my 42" LCD turns looks just like a wall mounted picture that rotates images every now and then. Make sense? That all works fine except I'm now presented with two issues.  1, the screen saver kicks in regardless if I am watching TV or not. 2, I can't seem to wake the machine from the remote once it has initiated.  From my research I have read of others talking about a mythtv "function" that disables the screensaver when entering live tv.  Unfortuntely that has been as much as I can find about it. Can someone advise what this function is and provide a little information about it's use? I'm aware of the regular 'xset' methods to disable screen saver but am unsure how this would apply through the myth menu structure.

Any help is much appreciated.

http://mail.yahoo.com