[mythtv-users] mythvideo file ordering weirdness

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 23 21:21:38 UTC 2007

On 04/23/2007 03:56 PM, Anduin Withers wrote:
>> However when listed in mythvideo the bits inside the [ ] are omitted,
>> meaning that the order becomes jumbled, so the above two files would
>> appear as:
>>

> MythVideo sorts by title, if you don't give a title (directory browsing for
> example) it generates one from the file name. This generation involves (in
> part) remove things between [](){} (I didn't check when, but I wouldn't bet
> against Michael T. Dean).

I should probably give the rest of the story so someone doesn't call you
a liar by proxy.  (They're welcome to call me a liar, but I don't want
someone else to be called a liar because of me.)

Removal of stuff between square braces and parens has been there since
0.11, but the removal of stuff between curly braces is newer.  We've
only been removing stuff between curly braces since 0.15.

> I don't have time (right now) to go back to 0.19 and check to see if it was
> different. I'm certainly willing to admit it is possible (until I check,
> probably later tonight).

To my eyes, 0.19's and 0.20's title-guessing implementations (including
"brace eating") look functionally identical, so I can't guess why it
would have seemed different on 0.20.

Mike