[mythtv-users] boot off compact flash

Adrian 642040 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 19:52:07 UTC 2007

> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16822998003

I used one of these and a 2GB CF card as a replacement hard drive for
my XBOX frontend.  It cut the noise by 99%.  It worked well for about
1 yr (with ~1hr/day usage).  It finally started crashing more and more
regularly until one day it just would not boot anymore.  I assume that
I wore out the flash.  I have not tried to resurrect it because I got
a MediaMVP instead.  (BTW: I would highly recommend the MediaMVP as a
basic SD frontend.  It is a little rough around the edges using
http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/ , but does basic playback quite decently
at an unbeatable price.)

Adrian