[mythtv-users] Slave backend (only) WOL

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Apr 23 17:51:19 UTC 2007

Aaaaaaaron wrote:
> After scouring the net and using
> others hard work, this is what I've cobbled together to get my slave to
> wake up.  It's not pretty or elegant, but it seems to get the job done.

Thanks, Aaron.  That looks pretty reasonable, and I may give it a try.
I'd still have the slave waking up when only the master really needs to
record anything, but that's still an improvement over having the slave
on constantly "just in case."  (You could even conceivably pitch this as
a feature -- the slave tuner will be available for live TV when the
master tuner is tied up with a recording. ;) )

If I set this up and like how it works maybe I'll try my hand at hacking
in an automatic shutdown for the slave, as well.  That's a little
trickier because my slave is also my desktop system, so I don't want it
shutting down if I'm using it for something else.