[mythtv-users] Drive specs best for Myth

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Apr 23 16:10:09 UTC 2007

On 04/23/2007 11:58 AM, Brian Wood wrote:
> I suspect, however, that 3 HD streams, a couple of SD streams, video
> data, perhaps ethernet, sound and who-knows-what else is just asking too
> much of a consumer-grade PCI buss.

Especially when you factor in seeking on the disks...

My recommendation is to consider moving your files off the LVM and just
use multiple directories with Storage Groups (I'm pretty sure you're
using SVN trunk, right, Kevin?).  Unfortunately, it will require finding
a place for your existing recordings while you break up the LVM.  (But,
IMHO, it's well worthwhile..)  The important part is breaking up your
LVM--you could still use LVM if desired--but having parts on several
drives (especially when one is the drive with the root partition) seems
to be less than ideal.

Mike "LVM-free for 6 months" Dean