[mythtv-users] Lirc woes on Ubuntu Fesity Fawn

Dave squilla.dave at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:32:30 UTC 2007

hiu
least first: "kernel tainted " messages simply mean that the driver
(mostly nvidia) is proprietary and not open source - and that's all.
the last line of the lirc message (I've not seen these before btw) is telling
firmware haup-ir-blaster.bin not available
I'd say remove the driver entirely and reinstall - it seems trashed.

> Still, when I get to the end and type in "irw", I simply get the command
> prompt back and nothing more.
irw will always fail until the lirc driver loads cleanly, ignore it for now.

If there's room consider moving the PVR150 to another pci slot too - can't hurt.
But I'd really go with a clean reinstall.