[mythtv-users] Remote Control

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Mon Apr 23 14:17:11 UTC 2007

Ok -- now I'm trying to get the best remote control setup.

I bought a lirc thingie (one of these:
but I'm having trouble getting it working.

So, since I'm using a wireless infra-red keyboard, I decided to just
program my harmony to send keystrokes (I love learning remotes).  It
*works* but it's awfly slow.

So -- I guess I have a few questions:

Does anyone use a harmony?  If so, what's the best thing to configure it
as?  There are a few myth options.

And -- is it worth it to try to get the lirc device working, or would
keystrokes be better anyway?

Thanks in advance,

David Frascone

           ... "I will not raise taxes on the middle class." -- Bill