[mythtv-users] Remote Control

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Mon Apr 23 14:17:11 UTC 2007

Ok -- now I'm trying to get the best remote control setup.

I bought a lirc thingie (one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/WinAmp-Multimedia-PC-Remote-MP3-DIY-Building-Home-HTPC_W0QQitemZ220103395866QQihZ012QQcategoryZ51086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem),
but I'm having trouble getting it working.

So, since I'm using a wireless infra-red keyboard, I decided to just
program my harmony to send keystrokes (I love learning remotes).  It
*works* but it's awfly slow.

So -- I guess I have a few questions:

Does anyone use a harmony?  If so, what's the best thing to configure it
as?  There are a few myth options.

And -- is it worth it to try to get the lirc device working, or would
keystrokes be better anyway?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave

--

David Frascone

           ... "I will not raise taxes on the middle class." -- Bill