[mythtv-users] not really softpad (I don't think)

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Mon Apr 23 03:57:26 UTC 2007

Currently, "Dancing with the Stars" begins at 8pm and runs for some
variable amount of time, either 1:30 or 1:45, ending at 9:31 or
9:45pm.

We have two higher-priority shows that begin at 9pm (say, "Heroes" and
"24").

I'd like to say "record the first 60 minutes of Dancing with the
Stars". The "End -31 minutes late" rule doesn't work because the
broadcast can be of varying length.

Is there a way to express "record for up to 60 minutes" in a recording
rule (bonus point to "end early" if the schedule for some reason is
less than 60 minutes, say 8-8:45pm or something)?

I think this was what the whole "softpad" feature was attempting to
address, but I never followed that discussion. If that is the case,
can someone confirm that, and I'll go catch up myself?

Thanks,
--Rob