[mythtv-users] freebox configuration problem

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 12:51:23 UTC 2007

Hi there, still using .20 (it works great).

Living in France, and being a free.fr subscriber, I finally want to
use my freebox as an input card in mythtv.

I can watch French TV using VLC on the backend, after having
configured both VLC and my m0n0wall-based hardware firewall to use a
given pair of ports (9998/9999, in my case).

However, in mythtv-setup, no port options are provided.  Also, the doc
keeps shtum.  I was trying to peak in the source code in SVN, but
couldn't find the correct source file (and I didn't know how to search
the code base for freebox).

Apparently, "MyKeul" is the author of the wiki pages regarding the
Freebox (now IPTV) functionality.

Thanks to anybody for giving me an idea as to which ports need to be opened.

Probably too late for election night coverage, but who knows ;-)

--
cheers,
Jakob.