[mythtv-users] DirecTV receiver problem

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Apr 22 02:39:48 UTC 2007

I have a pair of RCA DRD435RH providing content for my mythtv system,
and every few weeks one or both of them stops working and provides only
a black screen.  The only way to fix this problem is to power cycle the
box.  Channel changes don't work, although the menus work fine.

Has anybody else run into this and come up with a fix?  I guess if I can
find some way to detect the problem via the serial port I could get some
kind of computer-controlled outlet to do the reboots, but that is a bit
of a hack (well then again, so is using mythtv in the first place...  :) ).

Any ideas?