[mythtv-users] Motherboard help

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Apr 21 21:34:50 UTC 2007

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 11:08:03AM +0300, Dag Nygren wrote:

> > > I might be able to get along with two slots, but more would be nice.
> >
> > That practically demands the response, "well, get a bigger case,
> > then, and stop with all this microATX nonsense".
> >
> > <http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/lc16m/lc16m.html>
>
> The problem is that the bigger cases will not fit into our stereo rack
> below the TV screen. And putting it outside is out of the question for
> he rest of my family.
> Don't think I hadn't thought of it...

	Are you sure about that? In my own experience, the problem isn't
the usual dimensions (height & width) but depth that poses a problem. I
even had to abandon an antec minuet over this. Very few cases will fit
into my space that pretty much requires the HTPC to have the same dimensions
as a real AV component.

	So... something like an Antec Overture might actually work in
your situation.

[deletia]

	Also keep in mind that the only thing that has to be visible
at all is the ir reciever. Some solution that completely obscures a
"normal" case just might work.