[mythtv-users] Zalman HD-150 remote and LCD display running ubuntu 6.10

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Apr 20 18:31:28 UTC 2007

On Apr 20, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Irumbo Mateene wrote:

> Has anyone been able to get mythv working with the Zalman HD-160
> case using the remote and lcd panel?   The remote and lcd are
> connected to the MB using USB..    The hardware uses an ftdi
> module.   I installed the ftdi_sio module but haven't had much time
> going beyond this point.
>
> I already have lirc installed on my machine and the mythtv lcd
> module has been enabled.
>
> Is there a driver for my infrared module that comes with lirc or do
> I need to write my own.   The list of devices that comes with lirc
> doesn't much my hardware.
>
> Next question how do I determine what software I need to get my lcd
> status panel to start displaying something useful?
>
> thx

I followed the instructions on this thread and it worked like a charm:
http://www.mythtvtalk.com/forum/archive/o_t/t_3367/
setting_up_vfd_ir_sensor_zalman_hd160.html

The only weirdness is that I'm using an AMD 64 processor so I had to
enable 32-bit compat libraries in order to get it to compile
correctly. Otherwise, it's all good for me.

-Brad