[mythtv-users] TiVo Remote

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:50:22 UTC 2007

Can someone point me on how to configure a TiVo remote as a SECOND
remote so I can use it in addition to my current remote?

I'm using a Hauppauge A415 remote to an IR tail hanging off of a
Hauppauge PVR-150, it works, but it's just not intuitive (IMHO).  For
example, pause button pauses, but play marks position instead of
resuming from pause.  Other things, like never knowing what button
provides "info" on the recording I'm viewing (because it seems like
it's rarely the "info" button).

I've been using TiVo for over 5 years, MythTV for about 2 weeks...
It'd be really really nice to be able to use the same, familiar,
comfortable remote.  Any ideas?

I have like 5 TiVo remotes sitting around the house, programmed for
two DirecTiVo, and various TV sets...  I had the TiVo's on my cable
channel 101 and 103 (using a CablePlus channel injector), and I'd like
to move my MythTV system to Channel 105.  I have the distribution and
IR Relay part of it covered, just getting the MythTV box to respond to
the TiVo remote would be the final step.